Dr. Jamal Abu-Ashour
Deparment of Civil Engineering • Jordan University of Science and Technology P.O. Box 3030 • Irbid •22110 • Jordan Telephone: Office : (962) 7201000 Ext. 22122 Mobile: (962) 795405279 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH Ph.D., Water and Environmental Engineering 1994 Thesis: Movement of Agricultural Wastewater Bacteria through the Soil Matrix and Macropores.
- JORDAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY M.Sc., Civil Engineering 1990 Thesis: Optimization of Phenol Removal in Carbon Media by Chemical Pretreatment of Carbon.
- YARMOUK UNIVERSITY B.Sc., Civil Engineering 1986 Projects: Design of Wastewater Disposal Systems, Design of Wastewater Treatment Plant, Design of Storm Sewers for the City of Irbid.
- JORDAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – JORDAN – Associate Professor, December 2004 – present – Assistant Professor, September 2003 – December 2004
- JORDAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – JORDAN – Vice Dean of Engineering, September 2009 – September 2011 – Head of Biosystems Engineering Department, September 2009 – September 2010
- SULTAN QABOOS UNIVERSITY – SULTANATE OF OMAN – Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, February 2000 – September 2003
- JORDAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – JORDAN – Head of Department of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, September 1999- February 2000 – Assistant Professor, September 1994- February 2000
- UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH – CANADA – Graduate Student and Teaching and Research Assistant, August 1991 – September 1994
- MINISTRY OF MUNICIPALITIES – JORDAN – Urban Planning Engineer, March 1991 – August 1991 JORDAN UNIVERSITY OF
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – JORDAN – Graduate Student and Teaching Assistant, September 1988 – November 1990
- JORDAN ARMY – JORDAN – Manager of a Wastewater Treatment Plant, September 1986 – September 1988
- WATER AUTHORITY – JORDAN – Engineer Under Training, May 1986 – September 1986
PUBLICATIONS REFERRED JOURNALS
1. Abu-Ashour, J., D.M. Joy, H. Lee, H.R. Whiteley, and S. Zelin. 1994. Transport of Microorganisms through Soil. Water, Air and Soil Pollution. Vol 75, pp. 141-158.
2. Abu-Ashour, J., D.M. Joy, H. Lee, H.R. Whiteley, and, S. Zelin. 1998. Movement of Bacteria in Heterogeneous Soil Columns. Transactions of the ASAE. Vol. 41(4) pp. 1043-1050.
3. Al-Jalil, H.F., J. Abu-Ashour, and K. Al-Omari. 1999. Comparing the Suitability for Mechanical Harvesting of Two Olive Cultivars. AMA. Vol. 30, pp. 38-40.
4. Saadoun, I., M. Al-Akras, and J. Abu-Ashour. 1999. Bacterial Degradation of Hydrocarbons as Evidenced by Respirometric Analysis. MICROBIOS Vol. 100, pp. 19-25.
5. Abu-Ashour, J., and H. Lee. 2000. Movement of Bacteria on Sloping Soil Surfaces by Runoff. Environmental Toxicology, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 149-153
6. Abu-Hamdeh, N., J. Abu-Ashour, H. Al-Jalil, A. Khdair, and R.C. Reeder. 2000. Soil Physical Properties and Infiltration Rate as Affected by Tire Dynamic Load and Inflation Pressure. Transactions of the ASAE. Vol. 43(4) pp. 785-792.
7. Abu-Ashour, J., and A.B. Shahalam. 2002. Water Infitration Through Diesel Contaminated Soil. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A, Vol. A37, No. 6.
8. Al-Harthy, A., R. Taha, J. Abu-Ashour, K. Al-Jabri, and S. Al Oraimi. 2004. Effect of Water Quality on the Strength of Flowable Fill Mixtures. Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 27 (2005), pp. 33-39.
9. Abu-Zreig, M., and J. Abu-Ashour. 2004. Chloride and Atrazine Transport Through Saturated Soil Columns. Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, Vol. 86(3), pp. 181-190.
10. Abu-Ashour, J., and M. Abu-Zreig. 2005. Effect of Interstitial Velocity on the Adsorption of Bacteria onto Soil. Adsorption Science and Technology, Vol. 23(7), pp. 535-542.
11. Mughieda, O., and J. Abu-Ashour. 2006. Use of Dust Waste from Grain Storage Facilities for Soil Stabilization and Moisture Retention. Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, Vol 32 (1), pp. 18-27.
12. Al-Sharif, M., J. Abu-Ashour, A. Abulaban, and S. Al-Shar’a. 2007. Effect of Soil-Water Separation Technique on The Estimation of Bacterial Adsorption onto Soil. Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 1(3), 295-302.
13. Abu-Ashour, J., and A. Jamrah. 2008. Survival of Bacteria in Soil Subsequent to Greywater Application. International Journal of Environmental Studies, Vol. 65(1), pp. 51-56.
14. Abu-Ashour, J. and M. Al-Sharif. 2010. An Investigation of the Linkage between Minimum Household Water Requirement and Health in the Greater Irbid Area. Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 4(1), 40-46.
15. Abu-Ashour, J., H. Abu-Qdais, and M. Al-Widyan. 2010. Estimation of Animal and Olive Solid Wastes in Jordan and their Potential as a Supplementary Energy Source: An Overview. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 14(2010), pp. 2227-2231.
1. Joy, D.M., J. Abu-Ashour, J.L. Botari, C. Etches, H. Lee, C. Sopher, H.R. Whiteley, and S. Zelin. 1992. Microbial Transport in Soils with and without Macropores. Proceedings of the Technology Transfer Conference, sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Environment and Energy, Nov. 1992, Toronto, Canada.
2. Abu-Ashour, J., C. Etches, D.M. Joy, H. Lee, H.R. Whiteley, and, S. Zelin. 1993. Movement of Bacteria through the Soil Macropores. Proceedings of the Technology Transfer Conference, sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Environment and Energy, Nov. 1993, Toronto, Canada.
3. Abu-Ashour, J., D.M. Joy, H. Lee, H.R. Whiteley, and, S. Zelin. 1994. Movement of Bacteria in Soil via Preferential Flow. Proceedings of the Northeast Agr/Bio-Engineering Conference, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, July 1994, Guelph, Canada.
4. Abu-Ashour, J., D.M. Joy, H. Lee, H.R. Whiteley, and, S. Zelin. 1998. Bacteria Movement through Soil Matrix, Macropores and Partially Blocked Macropores. Proceedings of the 1998 ASCE National Environmental Engineering Conference, June 1998, Chicago, U.S.A..
5. Abu-Ashour, J., and H. Lee. 1999. Movement of Bacteria on Sloping Soil Lands via Runoff. Presented at the Annual International Meeting of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, July 1999, Toronto, Canada.
6. Baawain, M., and J. Abu-Ashour. 2002. Sustainability of Groundwater in Salalah Catchment Area, Sultanate of Oman. Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Land Use and Management, June 2002, Canakkale, Turkey.
7. Al-Riyamy, M., M. Al-Aghbari, and J. Abu-Ashour. 2002. Treatment of Sewage Water in Oman University: Case Study on Effluent Quality and Economics. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering in Arid Lands, October 2002, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
8. Qatan, A., and J. Abu-Ashour. 2002. Impact of Treated Wastewater Recharge in Salalah Coastal Aquifer on Groundwater Quality. Proceedings of the International Conference on Wastewater Management and its Effects on the Environment in Hot and Arid Countries, October 2002, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
9. Hassan, H., R. Taha, A. Al-Rawas, A. Hago, and J. Abu-Ashour. 2004. Use of Petroleum-Contaminated Soils in Asphalt Concrete Mixes. Proceedings of the Fourth Speciality Conference on Environmental Progress in the Petroleum and Petrochemical Industries, May 2004, Manama, Bahrain.
10. Abu-Ashour, J. 2005. A Survey of the Jordanian Public Perception Towards the Consumption of Crops Irrigated by Treated Wastewater. Proceedings of the 33rd CSCE Annual Conference, June 2005, Toronto, Canada.
11. Amayreh, J., N. Al-Abed, and J. Abu-Ashour. 2006. Effect of Light Screening on Pistachio Trees Quantum Yield and Productivity. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Water and Land Management for Sustainable Irrigated Agriculture, April, 2006, Adana, Turkey.
12. Abu-Ashour, J. 2006. Economic and Environmental Benefits of Agricultural Water Use Efficiency Measures in Jordan. Proceedings of the International Conference on Economic Incentives and Water Demand Management, March 2006, Muscat, Oman.
13. Abu-Ashour, J. 2008. Environmental and Health Risks Associated with Locally Practiced Reuse and Recycling of Waste in Jordan. Proceedings of the International Conference on Waste – The Social Context 08, May 2008, Edmonton, Canada.